Wednesday, April 9, 2008

graduation? whats that?

finals are here. well, they are here next week. i only have two more days of class left to endure and i will do so faithfully, even with the temptation of snowboarding dangling in front of me (when i say dangling i meant it-its been snowing here all week). but with finals comes ::dundundun:: graduation.

no way.

weird. i remember the day my family dropped me off at byu, after my brothers had helped me lug all my stuff up to my room on the 7th floor of DT. i was so nervous and disoriented and i felt like a little kid in a big kids world. 4 years later, 4 years of hating the god-forsaken campus and all the self-righteous conformity that goes with it, im leaving. well ok, technically im just walking but ill be leaving in june. i cant believe its been this long already. i remember stressing about college applications and then finally sweating it out for 3 hours in the hot summer sun as i finally got my diploma. how different this experience has been, and yet so much the same. i stressed over law school applications, and ive already gotten into two. i will get to walk in the coolness of the marriott center, but with 1000 other people. but. im still done.

i dont think its sunk in yet. senioritis took hold the second week of the semester but i still dont believe it. i guess i will in three weeks when i have the cap and gown on huh?

4 comments:

Julia said...

fyi...I'm not old enough to have a kid graduating from college! time flies on wings of lightning; you cannot call it back...What happened to my little punkin???

alexkhulme said...

aw mommy you are so cute

squirrelyearl said...

Yeah, senioritis, I can definitely relate to that and the bad part is I'm not graduating for a bit. Of course I've only got 2 classes I still need to take, but I haven't taken the LSAT yet so I won't be able to start law school until Fall of 09. Isn't the whole thought of moving on kind of scary? I know I think about that all the time. I mean the transition from high school to college was big, but a lot of it just felt easy and natural. That was probably because my parents still helped me a lot with a lot of that. But the idea of law school, things just seem like such a bigger step and even more of a move toward complete independence in my life that it's pretty scary. Good luck with that and have fun at graduation!

Lisa said...

Yay for graduation! I personally am not going to go through the whole ceremony...it sucked enough in high school, and I don't want to go through another one that's 10 billion times longer where I wouldn't be sitting by anyone I know! Hopefully we can work out something this summer where we can see each other and celebrate before...more school...boooooo!