Thursday, December 17, 2009

if money grew on christmas trees, id still be poor

so today cumulated in my successfully living through two weeks of finals. when i say successfully, i dont mean that i did well on my finals, i only mean i made it out alive. i wont know about my grades until the end of jan, so im not going to think about how "successful" my finals actually were until then. now there are 2.5 weeks between me and my next class...ahhh, how i love the smell of freedom...

so christmas is coming upon us, and as all devout christmas celebrators should do, we have a christmas tree. we've had it about 2 weeks and its decorated with twinkling lights and pretty ornaments...but its dying! we werent able to cut off the bottom inch of the tree when we got it cuz our landlords were out of town and we dont own a saw, but i never thought it would make that big of a deal! a week out from christmas, and our cute little tree is already mostly dead...i guess its a good thing we dont have kids if i cant even keep a freakin tree alive for 2 weeks...

so, since im now free of the bondage of school, i decided to do some of my christmas shopping this afternoon. fortunately, i found what i was looking for. unfortunately, i couldnt buy more :(. i know my fam doesnt love me cuz of what i buy them, but i cant help wanting to do more than just buy a 15$ necessity...being poor sucks. actually let me revise that...being poor and living on loans sucks more. but oh well. im grateful that we have all that we do and that we can even afford a christmas tree and a few presents for our families.

besides, the tree and the presents arent what christmas is about right? i guess its crazy to me that people can celebrate christmas and only think about stuff like santa...the reason this time of year feels so cozy and loving isnt because of santa, but because people are actually remembering christ and trying to live like him. its amazing the difference just thinking about christ and keeping his example and love in your daily life can make in the world.

anyways...here i am, waiting for brian to get home from HIS last final, chattin with my cousin on facebook (sup marta)...while i am so stoked about the break, i have a feeling that the time i spend at home alone is gonna get really old, really fast. so...counting down the next 5 days until my granny gets here and i can hang out with her while brian is at work...but for now, im enjoying being a lazy butt :)

1 comment:

squirrelyearl said...

That's too bad about the Christmas tree. That would be truly devastating, but at least you have a tree in your apartment. Mine was barren of that (of course it's so small I have no idea where we would have put it). Isn't the poor thing fun? I'm supposedly out in the real world making "money" but yet it seems like it never really adds up. So lame, but of course not even making $30K a year doesn't really cut it, does it? Here's to law school! :)