Thursday, March 7, 2013

im BAAAACCKKK! and its two for the price of one.

family picture from Sept 2012
as im sure you have noticed, ive taken a bit of a hiatus from blogging.  there are reasons for this.  i like to think good reasons.  like studying for the bar, working a temp job that turned into overtime for 3 straight months, then studying for the bar yet again.  blahhhhhhhh.  ok those probably ARE good reasons, but still, its not that hard to write a paragraph or two here or there...right?

welp, im back on the train!  since i was too busy to send out christmas cards, and therefore didnt do a yearly update (would i have done a yearly update anyways?  uh, this is me we are taking about.  crap no.), lemme summarize the last 12 months:

we both graduated. finally.
brian got a job.
we moved. out of utah!
i studied for the bar for 3 months straight.
i visited lisa in WA. twice.
we went to christians wedding, went on a lake vacation with brians family, and a newport coast vacation with mine.
we got a doggie. (he is alot bigger than that picture now)
we lost sleep while potty training doggie.
the giants won the world series.
i worked 7 days a week, 10-12 hours a day for 3 months. yay elections.
i did not pass the bar. i cried.
i got pregnant. i cried again.
we visited utah for christimas.
i threw up. alot.
i studied for the bar.
i got a new [to me] car.

i think that covers it all.

now im hanging out, making my own schedule and contemplating getting a part time job.  and in the meantime, wasting as much time as possible.  which is LOVELY. and spending lots of time with this cute fella.



whats not so lovely is all the demands from people to see how fat im getting.  really guys?  i know my gaining weight is making you feel better and all, but seriously, do we have to rub it in?

im not posting the classic "see how fat im getting/big my baby is getting" pictures on facebook, for reasons i wont go into (trying not to be a stereotypical mormon girl who gets pregnant right out of school, too many friends who post exclusively about their pregnancy/child/children [which are adorable, dont get me wrong], trying to make sure i maintain balance of self and not go off the deep end forgetting that this obnoxious personality named alex exists independent of children [who am i kidding? im too obnoxious to forget] and being self conscious about getting uncontrollably bigger...i think thats most of the reasons....).

BUT i am posting them here.  for your viewing pleasure, here are some pictures.  revel in your own body, please, and be glad all you have is a tiny tummy roll unmutilated by an unknown life form.

12 weeks
14 weeks
16 weeks.  for the first time ever, my boobs are outdone.

as you can see, regular t-shirts arent gonna cut it for much longer.  oh boy, maternity clothes! im secretly excited cuz buying new clothes is always the best, amiright?

Parting question: anyone have any good ideas about what to do with clothes that arent-fitting-now-but-hopefully-will-later and maternity ones?  did you pack up your pre-pregnancy clothes or just leave them in the closet?   



7 comments:

Kathleen said...

My pre-pregnancy clothes just stayed in my closet. I rotated through my maternity clothes so quickly (and was so lazy) that they didn't make it past the clean clothes basket. Also, I found that Kid to Kid (one of those kid's second-hand shops) has cheap plain maternity t-shirts. You will love maternity t-shirts (I espec. loved the Liz Lange from Target... and may or may not still wear them...)

Congrats :)

chickadee3357 said...

I packed my pre-preggo clothes. If you go to SF, there is a huge Old Navy, I love their maternity jeans and clothes.

Lisa said...

Cute family picture. I'm a little confused why you didn't post OUR family picture with doggy though. Sigh. Your year-in-review made me laugh. Are other people mocking your fatness too? I thought that was only reserved for your cruel best friend.

lynsey said...

oh alex, you look great!!!

i'm so happy for you both, and glad you're back to blogging. keep it up!

love ya.

Amy Lovell said...

Want to know a little secret, you don't have to buy maternity clothes. WHAT?! Ok, that's a lie, I bought ONE pair of maternity jeans from Gap (I LOVE those jeans), and that was it. Everything else I wore during pregnancy was just my normal clothes. Surprisingly, with today's style, loose fitting shirts all of a sudden become perfect for covering that baby bump! :) Also, I'm cheap, and I refused to buy maternity clothes that would only be worn for a few months. Dig through your closet, I bet you'll be surprised at what you have that you can make work.

Meg said...

How is your blog so visually stylish compared to mine? And when do I find out if I am having a niece or nephew?
Love you!!

Alex K Hulme said...

oo thanks for the input guys! and megs, brian designed my blog for me! he did it a few years ago, so i might have him redo it again soon.