Monday, November 16, 2009

return from the dead

im back. how lovely, eh? you know, i have tried my whole life to try to keep a consistent journal and i have never made it very long. even when i have a cool one with a lock (3rd grade) or when i tried to write only about things that i would actually want my posterity to read (aka not all the retarded guys ive dated) or one that had a ridiculously cute picture of a beagle on it. looks like this was no different. sorry kids.

but im back! sooo...how bout i fill you in on the last year of my life-first of all, sorry to keep you hanging about the law school thing. i am now a 1L at byu law! how exciting! well, i thought so in august, but now that the law library is my second home, i dont think its quite so exciting. and its hard to say that ive waited my whole life to slave away reading lovely topics like property and contracts, both subjects being older than dirt itself and very (cough) riveting. but really, i do like it. call me strange, i know. but its practical and applicable and i got to tell my new land lord "no i will not sign a contract with a cterm stating that i have to pay your attorneys fees should you sue me because no court will think that is a reasonable term anyways." of course, i did that in the nicest way possible. :)

ummm what else....oh i got married. no big deal. got our pictures back on our 10 month anniversary. it was fun. brian and i decided that living in provo was like living in a vice while your nails were slowly plucked from your finger tips. ok maybe not that bad, but you try cramming two very active snowboarding, camping, disc golfing, music loving, not so tidy people's stuff into a 525 sq ft apt. not exactly comfy. so we left. and found a cute two bedroom basement apartment in cedar hills-roughly 15 miles north of campus. its fun to put an address void of an apartment number on resumes-i feel like im not too ghetto and young. not that i want to get old, dont get me wrong. but many people dont take a 23 year old girl who is already married very seriously. so i figure this gives me some "take me seriously" points.

if you notice, its not yet thanksgiving. one of my pet peeves is when halloween ends and people jump right into christmas. what happened to thanksgiving?? sorry, but im not liable to forget the next long weekend i get, thank you. right now, im committing a cardinal sin. im listening to christmas music. sorry, pilgrims. you gave us a great holiday and all, but im sick and i think frosty is gonna do a better job of giving me some inner sparkle than squanto. besides, whoever heard of thanksgiving music? (yeah yeah, dont remind me of hymns, those arent like, music to listen to...). but i did make a cute paper bag turkey with scrapbook paper feathers (shut up, i hear you giggling, lisa) that is sitting on our counter to remind us to be thankful. id like to take credit for the idea but my mom will read this and rat me out. thanks mom for the memories of cutting out 3 foot long feathers as a kid.

2 comments:

Jefe said...

I think we should write Thanksgiving Music. Or inspire bands to do such....I mean Christmas songs are like...OLD right? So is it even possible to start...Turkey Music? There's always Adam Sandler and the Thanksgiving song.....Maybe I'll write a song, and let you in on it. Then you can promote me (as you'll be a lawyer) and I can become famous. I'll even cut you in.

Tasha said...

Hey! I'm curious what happened to your other blog? I'm happy to have found this though. :) P.S. the story you wrote most recently about Christian was touching.