Monday, February 1, 2010

stuck in the cream filling

today, i have no thoughts. ok i have one-im tired.

yesterday, i had some thoughts. i was in church, sitting between two families with 3 small children each. and i couldnt help but think that we don’t exactly fit. not that the people at church shun us, but we are kinda in the middle. we arent working stiffs, we don’t have children, but we are married. we arent under 18 years of age but we are still in school. sometimes i think i relate better to the 16 year olds than the 30 year olds. its a strange place to be, being in an adult situation but having teen interests...like id rather snowboard and go to a [punk] concert than anything else. sure, being a teen was fun and i was sad to turn 20. and im sure that having a family will be great. but right now seems to be the best of both worlds…married to my best friend and fulfilling my dream but still having time to have tons of fun.

so being in the middle could be a good thing. kinda like being the oreo filling between two chocolate cookies. and who doesn’t love that?

3 comments:

matt and steph said...

So I absolutely love your blog title! Everytime I see it I can't get the song out of my head! Love it!

Brooke said...

I think it's especially easy to feel out of place when you go to a family ward in Cedar Hills suburbia. We'll be joining you soon!

The Klappoths said...

We wish you were still in our ward! We're thinking about moving and I was thinking about how weird it'll be in a family ward with little to no couples without kids...