Thursday, March 18, 2010

for the love of sports

In the last few years, I have learned a couple things regarding my relationship with sports:


1. I may not particularly like [read this, "I may utterly dislike"] the

atmosphere/99% of the people at byu, but I LOVE byu sports. This might be because byu athletics [usually] gives me a reason to be proud of my alumus status; and though they sometimes fall short when it is critical that they perform, I have a deep love for byu sports. Akin to my love of the jazz, seahawks, sharks, and mariners/angels.


2. I am a rabid sports fan in general. I realized this was a little different from most girls when I would spend my saturdays watching multiple football games, when I follow every game for march madness even without a bracket, I insist on recording every part of the olympics, and I am willing to listen to am radio to hear a game in the event I don’t get the tv broadcast and cant find it streaming. I will never be the wife/mother who refuses to allow sports on sundays; I will be the one who throws a superbowl party and buys an unhealthy amount of food to ensure full enjoyability.


While I shouldn’t have been so surprised by this epiphany, considering ive always loved sports, I have realized that an interest has turned into rabid fanaticism.


And, in commemoration of a 17 year first round losing steak….

Rah rah rahrahrah, rah rah rahrahrah goooOOOOO COUGARS!

No comments: