Sunday, January 20, 2008

the love of my life.

i should be cleaning my room. or doing homework. or something else productive. instead i slept in till 9.30 and i'm still pondering on the love of my life. nope, is not a boy. it isn't even masculine, though my dad might argue otherwise.

it's snowboarding.

ahhhh that word makes my heart so happy. i love the soreness in my legs and the shin splints in my shins and the slight tendonitis it gives me. i love the satisfactory biff when you are doing something new and scary, and the frustration that comes from eating it while doing something basic. i love waking up so early that all you can think about is the nap you are gonna take later just to come home so tired that a nap is impossible. i love my boards too. they are oh so pretty! just about as close to sisters as i'll ever come haha.

i honestly have the best job. i get to teach people how to do something i love! no, im not that good, but i can at least teach huh? and i work with just awesome people. they are some of my closest friends and they always make really crappy lessons worth it when they feign rage when i don't get a tip (which is always), or when i get tackled from behind mid-demonstration in a lesson, or when they shove me in a locker (true story). ahh i ♥ park city...

why am i so dang lucky? here are some pics of evidence of my luckiness.
(click for larger view)



<-Trent, me, and Derek









<-Derek surprized me...little punk...








<-Casey and Matt haha









<-i got shoved in here twice...

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I went snowboarding last night, it got down to I think 2 degrees at Steven's Pass! So cold!
Whenever I am on the chairs there I always think about the time that I fell getting off and tripped you and then we got hit in the head by the next chair...

Lisa said...

HEY, why am I not the love of your life? >:-|

alexkhulme said...

rofl.....oh man i forgot about that....