Thursday, January 17, 2008

wow this world is intimidating...

in recent months i have become aware of the keeping of blogs by several of my friends. even one of my professors does it, though he gets paid to write political witticisms for aol. i've decided that i too want to have a share in this blogging world, but now that i'm embarking on this adventure, i'm a bit intimidated...

needless to say, i'm pushing on. a few things to note for those of you who decide this is the place for you to waste away your valuable time:
1) if you notice, i hardly capitalize anything, though you will notice the other correct punctuation. this is for a purpose. i believe in informality and comfort. if you were to draw a bubble above my head while i was talking to a friend, i doubt there would be any capitalization. however, i also believe in the clarity of ideas, hence the other grammatical symbols.
2) to explain the title of my blog. there is a song, a country song at that, called Unusually Unusual, that my dad has frequently told me reminds him of me. besides the fact that i am daddy's little girl and therefore believe virtually everything (virtually, not all) he tells me, i suppose this applies to me as well. and in all honesty, i like to think i am a bit more unusual than your run-of-the-mill unusual girl. but that is for you to decide.
3) i'm not exactly sure what this is going to turn out to contain. a bit of political musings i'm sure, along with some personal ranting, mixed with some music reviews and some other basic opinion pieces will prolly make up the mix. if you have any suggestions. let me know. i'll see what i can whip up.

happy reading :)

10 comments:

alex bitter said...

welcome to the blogsphere-- i look forward to much reading

alexkhulme said...

well thank you! hehe we shall see how successful this is....

alex bitter said...

whats carters blog?

alexkhulme said...

i wasnt aware that carter had one....

Lisa said...

Well I'll be reading...keep me entertained!

alexkhulme said...

i'll do my best weez!

Anonymous said...

you are unusually unusual.

alexkhulme said...

hmmm mr pkz should identify himself...

MackAck said...

Yay!!!

squirrelyearl said...

I'm finally taking the time to read your blog so that's why I'm commenting on stuff way after the fact. I'm glad you explain the lack of capitalization, of course I can't deny it probably still will drive me berserk, but that's cool. Kudos for the Lonestar reference, but that noticeably means a lot to you because of your relationship with your father. Anyway, I enjoy your personal twist to everything. Good work!