Wednesday, October 6, 2010

the joy of cooking

my birthday is on monday. yay!  because brians birthday is only 13 days ahead of mine, my parents split the difference and celebrate our birthday together the weekend between the actual days. this means i got most of my presents already!


and i got what i wanted. a new gluten free cookbook!


its called cooking for isaiah, and i discovered it through an article on the aol homepage.  why was i so excited about this? i have several gf cookbooks that im not in love with, so what made this one any different?


the fact that the woman is italian american.


call me crazy, but my great grandmother was pure italian, and i just knew that this book would be more like the kind of cooking i grew up with.  and i have not been disappointed.


well, i say that, but ive only made one thing out of it so far.  but ALL of the recipes look great!  my husband insists im a picky eater-i dont think so!  i just like the style of cooking and food that my mother and grandmother make, and which is how i now cook.  lots of herbs, meat, veggies and starches, and no canned soups or casseroles.  my husband, who grew up on casseroles (with 6 kids and 5 of them hungry, bottom less males, who blames his mother??).  but recipes that use alot of boxed or canned things just dont appeal to me.


im super excited about the idea that i could make some really awesome things that i already know i will like.  and my gluten free bread?  well, the second time around it came out amazing.  lesson-wax paper and parchment paper are def NOT the same...

4 comments:

Tasha said...

This post gave me the munchies! :) I'm glad you have a cook book you like!

Unknown said...

mmmm, Italian food.... mmmmmm

alexkhulme said...

thanks tash! dude, i dont know about you, but it makes such a huge difference in my desire to cook!

Jefe said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay Bdayssssssssssssssss I like having an October bday. It's the best.