Wednesday, February 20, 2008

i need your votes...

ah my law school stuff is almost totally done. yay. good, cuz im getting sick of it. but im kinda scared now too. one day i just decided that if i didnt get into law school that i was going to join the peace corps. well, supposedly my chances of getting into law school are really good, but i wanted to have an alternative so that i didnt feel like a loser when all my childhood dreams came crashing down. but now that ive said it, thrown the peace corps possibility out there, its become if i dont get into law school, or not the ones that i want. uh oh. a small evolution in speech maybe, but it signifies a huge shift. i really wanna join the peace corps. i always have. since like, i was 10 and sat next to this girl who was coming back from africa with her sister and who had a boyfriend at princeton (that made it legit). so. here is the question. do i just go to law school and forget about peace corp? or do i go someplace crazy for two years after requesting a deference? or what should i do? give me your votes: law school or peace corp first?

7 comments:

Syclist said...

do what you want... schools won't go anywhere... some philosphers say to treat life like a seasonal occupation. but seriously, if its something you wanna do, then do it.

Emily Nicole Schroeder said...

alex, i say see what happens with your apps first. you didn't do all that work for nothin ya know! then, make the choice. africa rocks it can't be denied.

alexkhulme said...

that sounds like good advice!

Taylor said...

i recently talked to my dad, who is one of my heroes, btw. he told me that i should go for the music thing, which is huge from him. i asked him why, and he told me that he made some trades when he was young to get through school and become a lawyer. he told me that right now, he doesn't think it was a fair trade. my advice then, with what my dad said in mind, is from my mom: in ten years, are you going to be sad that you went to africa or are you going to be sad that you went to law school?

alexkhulme said...

haha are you implying law school will make me miserable? jk i know what you mean. and if i could choose to have one or both, why wouldnt i choose both? thanks for your kind advice. and i like your dad. he is totally right...if im gonna be a lawyer anyways, i wanna give up as little as possible.

Lisa said...

Do I need to even comment?

alex bitter said...

i think you see how the apps go, then see what kinda deference you can get at the schools you want to go to

a 1 year deference to maybe do teach for america instead of peace corps might be better if some of the schools you want do like 2 years deferments,

just do what feels right, and go with your gut, regardless of what it is