Tuesday, February 5, 2008

my adorable brothers....


so today i was up on the mountain, and though i was in a clinic and thinking alot about the technical crap i was doing and trying to make sure i didnt fall cuz i did it wrong, i had some time to think about other stuff. the last few days/weeks have been kinda weird. in some ways they have been the most fun weeks in utah of this whole last year. but at the same time, they have been some of the most lonely.

yesterday i was talking to my mom about apartment drama and other junk when i just started bawling. i couldnt help it and it was certainly not planned. i just missed my best friend. "i want my lisa!" is the exactly phase i wailed to my mom. i have some friends that are just glued to each other, haha its kinda funny. like 24/7. but i reminds me of how me and lisa were in high school...and long story short, i've felt like the recyclable friend here in utah, being really close to someone for a little while and it just dropping off after a few months never to be heard from ever again.

needless to say, i told this all to my mom, and i guess she related it all to my dad later last night. well, my cute little brother, who is the sweetest 13 year old you will ever meet, must have overheard my mom talking because last night he prayed that i would find a friend. my little brother is my angel. besides being the biggest inspiration to me, he always knows exactly what to say to make me feel like the best sister and friend in the world. even though he is a good 7 years younger than me, i've worked hard to make sure i'm not some vague older entity in his life, and sometimes it seems that he can see into my soul better than anyone else.

now, this doesn't exclude my other brother, my best friend and my twin. though he is a year younger than me, there is noone that is so much like me in this world. last weekend he come up to utah to snowboard and i had a blast with him. i didnt get to see him alot but it was so good to see the stronger side of me. he has gone through so much in the last little bit and he has come out of it better than i ever would have. i love him so much and when he leaves on his mish, i'm gonna miss him enough to rival our mother.

that being said, i am the luckiest girl ever. i have the strongest brothers ever, and they are so fun, so much like me, and so special to me. i wouldnt be the nerdy, crazy, unlady like girl i am without them. thanks bros. i love you two more than you will EVER know.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

i'm better than christian.

alexkhulme said...

yeah well i wrote you a love note yesterday anyways...